- Football Outsider's Aaron Schatz recently put together a list of the top 25 breakout prospects for the 2013 season. Shockingly, Detroit Lions defensive end Ronnell Lewis made the list at No. 23. His inclusion on this list seems to revolve around a favorable projection in FO's SackSEER system, but I just don't see him having a breakout season. Actually, I would be surprised at this point if Lewis even makes the 53-man roster. It would be stunning to me if he's a regular contributor at defensive end in 2013, let alone a breakout player.
- Football Outsiders' Rivers McCown recently ranked the 32 NFL teams based on how much 25-and-under talent they have. The Lions came in at No. 22 this year after being second in 2012.
- Nick Fairley came in at No. 11 on NFL.com's list of the top 40 players they expect to "make the leap" in 2013.
- In addition to Chaz Schilens (who was signed), Steve Breaston and Laurent Robinson, the Lions also worked out wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield on Wednesday.
- Speaking of Schilens, this is an interesting tidbit about him:
Chaz Schilens, WR signed by Lions today, is a former draft pick of the Tigers.— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) July 24, 2013
- The Lions' official site has a video on Israel Idonije's community service and his recent trip to the White House.
- Steven Miller is ready to prove that he can be the Lions' return man.
- Before arriving for training camp, Reggie Bush took part in a commercial shoot for T-Mobile.
- You can check out Ryan Broyles' AMA on Reddit from Wednesday by clicking here.
- The Lions' 2013 Nike gear is out.
- If you plan on going to Ford Field for any games and plan to take in a bag, you probably should read the NFL's new policy that the Lions have implemented.
Lions notes looks at Ronnell Lewis, Nick Fairley and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.