- On Day 2 of Detroit Lions training camp, Rodney Austin lined up as the No. 1 right guard and Jason Fox served as the No. 1 right tackle. Based on Dylan Gandy getting first-team reps at right guard on Friday, it seems like rookie Larry Warford is currently third on the depth chart.
- In case you missed it earlier, Calvin Johnson made a ridiculous catch in a one-on-one drill against Chris Houston. You can watch it here.
- On another catch, Johnson hauled in the ball on an excellent pass from Matthew Stafford.
Throw of the day: sideline shot to Calvin over two defenders. Note to Ron Jaworski: Stafford's mechanics were perfect. #lionscamp— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) July 27, 2013
- It sounds like Chaz Schilens, the Lions' newest wide receiver, is already turning some heads.
It's 2 days and no pads, but Chaz Schilens has made an impression at #Lions camp. His size surprised me, too— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 27, 2013
Kris Durham had a one-handed catch on Saturday, according to Tim Twentyman. On Friday, Durham had a pair of long touchdown receptions, according to MLive.
Corey Fuller had a nice catch of his own on a pass from Thaddeus Lewis, according to Josh Katzenstein.
- One more wide receiver note: Carlos Monarrez reports that Micheal Spurlock looked good when he went up against the second-team defense.
- According to MLive, some fans were heckling Brandon Pettigrew after he caught a pass on Saturday. Really, people?
Mike Mady reports that Mikel Leshoure is "looking much faster" than he did last year. Also, he said that Leshoure was able to pull away from some defenders on Saturday.
- Per Dave Birkett, the Lions lined up with two running backs on the field "a handful of times" on Saturday.
- This is pretty funny:
PA announcer asked, "who is ready for football?" No reaction from the crowd, but Stafford could be seen raising his hand.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 27, 2013
- This is a great picture:
- Paula Pasche took some video of the Lions' offensive line going through sled drills.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions training camp: Notes on defense from Day 2
- Lions training camp: Notes on special teams from Day 2
- Lions training camp injury update: Louis Delmas misses practice, as expected
- Lions training camp: David Akers, Havard Rugland square off on Day 2
- Lions training camp: Watch Chris Houston try to cover Calvin Johnson