- On Day 2 of Detroit Lions training camp, Travis Lewis got a chance to be the first-team left outside linebacker.
- The rest of the first-team defense on Saturday was the same as Friday. Jason Jones and Willie Young were the primary No. 1 defensive ends, and the secondary once again consisted of Chris Houston, Ron Bartell, Bill Bentley (in the nickel), Glover Quin and Don Carey.
- It's worth noting that rookies Ziggy Ansah and Darius Slay both got some work with the first-team defense at their respective positions. Actually, Slay took over as the No. 1 right cornerback to finish practice after Bartell left with an injury.
- Before he got bumped up to the first team, Ansah was on the second-team defense along with Israel Idonije.
- Cornerback DeQuan Menzie worked as the No. 2 nickelback, according to Dave Birkett.
- Houston intercepted Matthew Stafford on a pass intended for Calvin Johnson and returned it for a touchdown, according to Tim Twentyman.
- Bentley picked off Stafford as well on a pass thrown in Johnson's direction, but Young jumped offside on the play, according to Mike Mady.
- Bentley has impressed a lot of his coaches and teammates, and he spent much of the first two days of training camp exchanging trash talk with Nate Burleson.
- I like the sound of this:
Nick Fairley's quickness stands out in Saturday morning pass rush drill. Third year could be the charm fir quick Nick. #lionscamp— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) July 27, 2013
- This is also great to read:
Jim Schwartz said @NdamukongSuh made a mockery of the condition test on Thursday and is in best shape he's ever been in.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) July 27, 2013
- This, on the other hand, is not what I want to see:
Negative observation - Devin Taylor is a non-entity so far.— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) July 27, 2013
- He didn't actually practice on Saturday, but Louis Delmas still made a play from the sideline.
Delmas catches a ball that gets tipped out of bounds and runs it back to the end zone. Draws a roar from the crowd. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) July 27, 2013
- DeAndre Levy's beard has earned him the nickname "Taliban Man" from Ashlee Palmer, who is planning to grow a beard of his own.
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- Lions training camp: Notes on special teams from Day 2
- Lions training camp injury update: Louis Delmas misses practice, as expected
- Lions training camp: David Akers, Havard Rugland square off on Day 2
- Lions training camp: Watch Chris Houston try to cover Calvin Johnson
- Lions training camp: Day 2 open thread