- The Detroit Lions' official site posted a video interview with Jason Fox, who is in the mix to be the team's starting right tackle this year. My favorite response was when Fox said that if he wasn't an offensive lineman, he'd enjoy playing quarterback, wide receiver or even linebacker. His answer about being able to throw a football "relatively well" was also pretty funny.
- Also from that interview, Fox has a new nickname:
- Dave Birkett put together a great piece on Lions special teams coordinator John Bonamego's long journey back to Michigan.
- The Lions' official site has a story on Jeremiah Washburn and Jim Washburn being on the same coaching staff in Detroit.
- Israel Idonije brings a lot to the table on and especially off the field.
- David Akers played with kickers John Kasay, Morten Andersen and Norm Johnson early in his career, and he thinks his technique is similar to Kasay, his training is similar to Andersen and his "day-to-day professionalism" is similar to Johnson.
Lions notes: Jason Fox, John Bonamego, more
Lions notes looks at Jason Fox, John Bonamego and more.
By Sean Yuille