- The Detroit Lions had Rob Sims, DeAndre Levy and David Akers go out for the coin toss for their game against the Cleveland Browns.
- Prior to Thursday's game, Akers made field goals from 56 and 57 yards out, according to Tim Twentyman.
- Montell Owens wasn't ruled out for Thursday's game, but he didn't end up playing. (He missed practice earlier in the week, so his absence was likely related to an injury.)
- Deadspin has video of the streaker who invaded the Lions/Browns game and was shoved down twice by Joique Bell as he made his way across the field.
- This is an interesting stat:
Even with Calvin Johnson out, Matthew Stafford still hooked up with only 1 WR (Patrick Edwards). Through 7 preseason drives, he's hit 2 WRs.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 16, 2013
- This is just a depressing stat:
Just over 3 minutes left in this game. Barring something crazy, the Lions now have 6 FGs and 1 offensive TD (Hill to Willis) this preseason— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 16, 2013
- Reggie Bush got the ball eight different times during the Lions' first scoring drive of the game, and he accounted for 34 of their 47 yards on the possession, according to Chris McCosky.
- For those wondering about why the official seemed so nervous when announcing penalties, it turns out he doesn't normally have that responsibility.
Brandy tells me head linesman handling ref. job because the real ref. can't speak.— Mark Champion (@nbamark) August 16, 2013
Lions notes: More on Thursday's loss to the Browns
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Thursday's game against the Cleveland Browns.
By Sean Yuille