Detroit Lions training camp continued on Friday morning with an unpadded practice. Here are some notes from the session:
Dylan Gandy served as the Lions' first-team right guard for the second day in a row on Friday.
Corey Hilliard got first-team reps at right tackle.
Chris McCosky believes that Matthew Stafford "has not thrown the ball particularly well yet in this camp."
Reggie Bush won his matchup with Stephen Tulloch on Friday.
Reggie Bush made Tulloch look like he was stuck in cement in one-on-ones. #lionscamp— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 2, 2013
Reggie Bush just whipped Stephen Tulloch in a one on one. Sweet move— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) August 2, 2013
- Bush apparently has had a case of the dropsies lately.
I have noticed a few drops by Reggie Bush the last couple days. Just had one in a 11-on-11 drill. Mad at himself every time. #lionscamp— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 2, 2013
- It sounds like Kris Durham performed quite well in the Lions' red zone drill.
Kris Durham with 2 straight nice catches in end zone in red zone drill— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 2, 2013
Kris Durham with good catch up high over Domonique Johnson in red zone drill. Just did it again. Offensive player stormed field. #lionscamp— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 2, 2013
- I'm not sure what the purpose of this was, but if it works, it works.
Nate Burleson just changed his shoes in between drills - to a pair of Calvin Johnson's with CJ's autograph on the toe— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 2, 2013
- Check out the Lions' offensive line going up against the blocking sled:
Dylan Gandy, Dominic Raiola, Rob Sims on the blocking sled https://t.co/zziAfor0LK— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 2, 2013
- It was Tahir Whitehead's turn to be the first-team left outside linebacker on Friday.
- Part of the reason the quarterbacks may be struggling a bit, according to Dave Birkett, is that the secondary is "improved."
- Cornerback D.J. Johnson had a pretty solid day of practice.
Dominique Johnson just canceled out Mike Thomas in one on one. To the point where Shaun Hill didn't bother to throw the ball— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) August 2, 2013
In WR-DB 1on1s, Domonique Johnson had 2 good reps. He's got a chance to make team. Gunther mentioned him in spring as someone who caught eye— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 2, 2013
- Jim Schwartz was not pleased with the defense's performance on Friday.
Jim Schwartz: "Defense got their butts kicked today."— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) August 2, 2013
- Here's a video of the Lions' defensive line going through a drill:
Havard Rugland showed off his leg on Friday on kickoffs.
Kickalicious booting kickoffs to the back and out of end zone. Akers not taking part. Martin taking reps but not kicking. #lionscamp— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 2, 2013