- The Detroit Lions' defensive line is drawing a lot of positive attention, as is Reggie Bush.
ESPN's Eric Allen on #Lions D-Line dominance in regular season dress rehearsal: "They were ridiculous yesterday." Agree. So quick off ball.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) August 23, 2013
- As noted by MLive, David Akers is 4-for-4 on fake field goals in his career.
- This is not very good:
75% (12/16) of the #Lions 1st-string offensive drives have been of 4 plays or less this preseason.— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) August 23, 2013
- The Lions are no longer the team that runs the most plays out of the shotgun formation.
Through two games the Eagles have run shotgun on 93% of their snaps. The Lions are 2nd at a mere 60%.— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 22, 2013
- Thursday was the first time the Lions scored at least 40 points in a preseason game since 1992, according to Eamonn Reynolds.
- Wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi ended up signing with the New York Jets.
- Offensive lineman Austin Holtz, who was released by the Lions last week, has signed with the New York Giants.
- Safety Ricardo Silva has been released by the Carolina Panthers.
Lions notes: Defensive line, Reggie Bush, more
Lions notes looks at Detroit's defensive line, Reggie Bush and more.
By Sean Yuille