Dylan Gandy and Jason Fox got the first-team reps at right guard and right tackle on Tuesday. As has been the case as of late, Larry Warford later got some first-team reps of his own at right guard.
- Per Carlos Monarrez, Kellen Moore and Thaddeus Lewis were "getting plenty of throws" on Tuesday, likely to get them ready for Friday's preseason opener.
- According to Chris McCosky, Montell Owens was "popping people" during a run drill.
LaAdrian Waddle apparently did quite well in his matchup with Ziggy Ansah.
LaAdrian Waddle had 2 good reps against Ziggy Ansah with the 2s— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 6, 2013
Didn't see if it was first or second play, but UDFA OT LaAdrian Waddle just stonewalled Ziggy Ansah. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 6, 2013
- The offensive line in general seemed to do quite well on Tuesday.
First team offensive line fared pretty well and 1 on 1s today. Fox had 2 good reps vs Jason Jones— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 6, 2013
- When all else fails, throw the ball to Calvin Johnson.
Three reps for offense trying to get out of 3rd and long on goal line and 3 times Stafford to Johnson for 1st down. That works. #lionscamp— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 6, 2013
- Hmm ...
Tahir Whitehead jokingly says Ashlee Palmer was won the OLB job. Not sure about that. But Palmer did get last padded practice w/1s today.— Carlos Monarrez (@cmonarrez) August 6, 2013
Louis Delmas was in a great mood on Tuesday.
Louis Delmas in full pads and in a good mood. Went out of bounds during drill, stopped and joked with fans. #Lions— Kevin Seifert (@espn_nfcnblog) August 6, 2013
- Delmas likes how "feisty" and "fast" the Lions' young cornerbacks are.
- It sounds like Sam Martin may be the favorite to be the Lions' kickoff specialist.
- Based on what Dave Birkett tweeted on Tuesday, it doesn't sound like the fake field goals the Lions ran in practice went very well.