- Sports Illustrated has been producing a lot of great content about the Detroit Lions as of late. The first article I want to point you to is one about Ziggy Ansah and how much help Ndamukong Suh has provided him behind the scenes since he was drafted. Aside from accidentally giving Ansah a forearm shiver in a drill, Suh has been an outstanding leader for the rookie from BYU.
- Speaking of rookies, SI's The MMQB has a piece on Darius Slay, who apparently wasn't aware that the Green Bay Packers play at Lambeau Field. (He thought it was the car -- a Lambo -- when he heard teammates talking about it.)
- Also at The MMQB are articles about Reggie Bush's leadership and Israel Idonije.
- SI's Chris Burke put together a feature on Louis Delmas and how playing through injuries is nothing new for him.
- Finally, Peter King included a great story in his mailbag column about how Matthew Stafford recently made a young fan's day.
- Larry Warford told the Lions' official site on Thursday that "it's ridiculous how good" Suh and Nick Fairley are.
- The New York Jets are going to be without several players on Friday night in Detroit.
Jets players not traveling to Detroit: RB Chris Ivory, WR Santonio Holmes, RB Joe McKnight, G Brian Winters, LB Josh Mauga, C D Freeman #nyj— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 8, 2013
- Good luck with that, Rex Ryan.
Rex on CB Antonio Cromartie vs DT WR Calvin Johnson: "That'll be a fun matchup. You've got Megatron vs. the Megacorner. Great matchup."— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 6, 2013
- Chaz Schilens, who is now with the Lions, doesn't sound like he had a very good time playing for the Jets in 2012.
- Fox has announced its broadcast teams for the 2013 NFL season. Yes, they still suck.
- Offensive guard Brandon Moore signed with the Dallas Cowboys this week before deciding to retire the next morning.
- Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson recently had knee surgery, and Packers offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga is out for the year after tearing his ACL.
- Chicago Bears cornerback Kelvin Hayden is out for the year after tearing his hamstring.
- Former Lions cornerback Eric Wright has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
Lions notes looks at Ziggy Ansah, Darius Slay, Reggie Bush and much more.