- The Detroit Lions recently worked out former Chicago Bears wide receiver Devin Aromashodu, according to Adam Schefter.
- Based on the 53-man rosters at the end of Saturday, the Lions are currently the oldest team in the NFL.
- Quarterback Thaddeus Lewis, who was traded to the Buffalo Bills last Sunday, was released on Saturday. The player the Lions got in that trade, linebacker Chris White, was also released on Saturday.
- Former Lions cornerback Drayton Florence was let go by the Carolina Panthers during the final round of roster cuts.
- Linebacker Doug Hogue, another former Lions player, was also released by the Panthers on Saturday.
- The San Francisco 49ers decided to release former Lions wide receiver Kassim Osgood.
- Lions punter Sam Martin took Havard Rugland to the Michigan/Central Michigan game on Saturday afternoon.
Kickalicious and myself will be attending the Michigan game today. Excited to see what I missed out on in 07'.— Sam Martin (@SamMartin_6) August 31, 2013
- Former Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield decided to retire on Saturday after it was reported that the Seattle Seahawks decided to release him.
- Barry Sanders has a hilarious new commercial with Desmond Howard.
Lions notes takes a look back at Saturday's NFL roster cuts.