Ndamukong Suh is planning to appeal his $100,000 fine, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. This will make Nate Burleson happy, because he said on Tuesday that what Suh did "wasn't worthy" of such a large fine.
- According to Dave Birkett, Suh set an NFL record for the largest fine ever for something that happened on the field.
- NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith tweeted this on Tuesday night:
I have reached out to Ndamukong Suh. We believe that all players have a basic responsibility to each other.— DeMaurice Smith (@DeSmithNFLPA) September 10, 2013
- This is a nice gesture, Willie Young, but I think Suh can afford to take care of his fine.
Willie Young said the D-line is the tightest group in the #Lions locker room and that players will pitch in for Suh's fine. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 10, 2013
- Along the same lines, Burleson had a pretty funny quote when asked about chipping in for Suh's fine.
Nate on helping pay fine: "There's not enough love in the world. I'll send him a card on Valentine's Day, but I don't love him that much."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 10, 2013
Reggie Bush is nominated for the FedEx Ground Player of the Week award.
- In case you still weren't sure just how worthless the depth chart the Detroit Lions release each week is, Dylan Gandy is still listed ahead of Larry Warford at right guard. Troll on, Jim Schwartz.
- Speaking of Schwartz, he broke down Burleson's 27-yard catch against the Minnesota Vikings from Sunday's game.
- The Lions really loaded up the box against the Vikings on Sunday.
Per @ESPNStatsInfo, #Vikings faced NFL's highest pct. of 8-man boxes in Week 1 (36). Ponder threw 2 INTs vs. them and had a 0.4 QBR.— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) September 10, 2013
- Two notes from Pro Football Focus' review of the Lions' season-opener via Dave Birkett: 1) Bush and Joique Bell didn't give up a single quarterback pressure on 14 pass-blocking attempts. 2) Corey Hilliard gave up 5 hurries on Sunday; the rest of the offensive line combined to allow 2 quarterback hits and 3 hurries.
- Pro Football Focus' full review of the game can be viewed here. Matthew Stafford (+3.8) and Larry Warford (+2.9) were highlighted for their solid play, whereas Darius Slay (-4.4) was singled out for a rough game. Willie Young was given PFF's game ball for the job he did of putting pressure on the quarterback and stopping the run.
- A couple Lions players took notice of the Philadelphia Eagles' explosive offense on Monday. The Lions play the Eagles later this season (on Dec. 8).
- The Lions actually ran the same amount of offensive snaps (80) as the Eagles in Week 1, according to the NFL.
Lions notes: More on Ndamukong Suh's record fine
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh's fine, various tidbits from Sunday's game and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.