Pro Football Talk reports that Reggie Bush's MRI revealed "no structural damage" to his left knee.
Ndamukong Suh is set to have his appeal on his $100,000 fine heard on Tuesday.
- The Detroit Lions' defense has been outstanding on third down so far this season.
Detroit's defense has been excellent on 3rd down. Opponents have only converted 3 of 21…best % in the NFL.— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) September 16, 2013
- This may shock you, but Dominic Raiola got the highest grade in Sunday's game, according to Pro Football Focus. What's more, Suh is the top-graded defensive/nose tackle on PFF as of right now.
Sam Martin had 5 punts on Sunday and averaged 52.2 yards (with a long of 58). Patrick Peterson only had 3 returns for 10 yards. Also, Martin didn't allow a single kick return, as he had nothing but touchbacks.
- Jim Schwartz said again this week that he made a call to the bullpen when he replaced Darius Slay with Rashean Mathis on Sunday. (I'm in 100 percent agreement with Dave Birkett, who wrote a great column on the Slay/Mathis situation.)
- Schwartz was not pleased with the Lions' protection on the field goal that was blocked on Sunday.
- The Lions didn't even come close to winning the field position battle on Sunday, to say the very least.
Good stat by @Chrissie5213 in Game Review: Of 12 drives, 5 began inside 10, 6 at 20 and 1 at 21. Det. avg. starting spot 15. Arizona 36.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 16, 2013
- Calvin Johnson's long touchdown could have easily been a pick-six considering the Arizona Cardinals knew what was coming, but Matthew Stafford's pass was so good that the Lions scored anyway.
- The Cardinals also knew to expect the Lions' defensive backs to interfere a lot since they "play the receiver" rather than the ball, according to Carson Palmer. That's not very reassuring to hear.
- This is a pretty awesome picture.
- If the Lions decide at some point to trade Mikel Leshoure, a deal probably won't happen until closer to the trade deadline, according to Dave Birkett.
- The NFL has suspended Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson one game for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Sunday. I guess Suh isn't the only player drawing the NFL's attention for his history of questionable hits.
Lions notes: Reggie Bush, Ndamukong Suh, Sam Martin, more
Lions notes looks at Reggie Bush, Ndamukong Suh, Sam Martin and much more.
By Sean Yuille