- Ndamukong Suh was asked on Wednesday about the cheap shot an Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman took on Sunday. Suh's response was great (via MLive): "To me, it's just gnats that are in the air that keep going after you. You swat at 'em, and sometimes you hit 'em, sometimes you don't. Sometimes they run away, sometimes they come back again. But ultimately, I'm just that bee going to find that honey hole. That's what I do."
- Suh also had a good response to a question about Jay Glazer's report on his practice conduct:
Suh on Glazer report: I'm not sure what practices Jay Glazer has been to, if he's been to any. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 18, 2013
- Per Mike O'Hara, Larry Warford is third and Ziggy Ansah is sixth among rookies on Pro Football Focus after two weeks of games.
- Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was adamant on Wednesday that his knee is fine.
- Darius Slay isn't going to let the fact that he has been benched twice already this season bother him.
- Tony Scheffler has gotten rid of his bleach-blond hair.
- The Chicago Bears worked out former Lions safety Amari Spievey this week.
- A new rule involving players wearing the same helmet all season long has created an issue for teams wanting to use throwback uniforms.
- The Cleveland Browns are going to start Brian Hoyer at quarterback on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson got his suspension overturned upon appeal, but he has instead been fined $100,000 for his helmet-to-helmet hit last week.
- Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady is out for the season. In turn, the Broncos have signed offensive tackle Winston Justice.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh talks cheap shots, Jay Glazer
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh, rookies and much more.
By Sean Yuille