- The Detroit Lions recently tried out three players, according to Aaron Wilson: quarterback Nathan Enderle, wide receiver Devin Aromashodu and wide receiver DeMarco Sampson.
- Lions cuts Blake Clingan, Kevin Haslam, Darren Keyton, Ogemdi Nwagbuo and Amari Spievey all cleared waivers.
- The Lions placed Jon Morgan and Martavius Neloms on injured reserve after they cleared waivers. Both were waived/injured on Saturday, and they could later be released from IR with an injury settlement.
- I like the sound of this:
NFLdraftscout called DeJon Gomes a "turnover machine" before 2011 draft. In 23 games at Nebraska, he had 7 picks, forced 5 fumbles— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) September 1, 2013
- Interesting stat from John Clayton: 14 teams (as of early Sunday) only have two quarterbacks on their roster.
- ESPN's Kevin Seifert took a closer look at Martin Mayhew's drafts and why the Lions are the oldest team in the NFL.
- This is pretty wild:
- Tim Tebow cleared waivers on Sunday, indicating that his NFL career has likely come to an end.
Lions notes: Detroit tries out three players
Lions notes looks at tryouts, waivers and much more.
By Sean Yuille