- Arizona Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston recently addressed the elbow thrown by Ndamukong Suh in Week 2. The hit only came to light via Pro Football Talk late last week, and Winston pretty much shrugged it off by saying the following (via ESPN): "Things happen out there. I was moving him pretty good. He was trying to get off me. I don't know if it was intentional or not. I doubt it. But I think with that guy, obviously he's probably lost the benefit of the doubt with a lot of people."
Unsurprisingly, ESPN played up the "lost the benefit of the doubt" portion of that quote. That's certainly true, but to me, it's more important that Winston said that these things happen and that he doubts it was intentional. Winston didn't seem too bothered by it, so there really doesn't seem to be much to this story.
- Through three weeks of the season, Suh leads the way with 21 quarterback disruptions, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Here are more stats from PFF:
According to PFF, Suh had six pressures on RGIII Sunday, 1 hit, 5 hurries. J. Bell forced 6 missed tackles, 45 of his 63 yds after contact.— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) September 24, 2013
- Matthew Stafford is among the nominees for the FedEx Air Player of the Week award.
- Ryan Broyles is ready to play more with Nate Burleson out for the foreseeable future.
- Stephen Tulloch was with Burleson before his car accident and confirmed that they were not drinking. Tulloch had this to say about the situation:
Tulloch on Burleson: "It's crazy how life is, man. Just like that. You see the guy, hanging out and then boom, he's in the hospital." #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 24, 2013
- Don't expect the Detroit Lions to trade for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin, according to Mike O'Hara.
- At least Joseph Fauria is honest...
The most unsurprising quote ever, probably, from Fauria: "Do I love attention? Yes."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 24, 2013
- Fauria talked on Tuesday about his celebration from Sunday's game.
- Defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who worked out for the Lions earlier this month, signed with the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday.
- Former Lions safety Tyrell Johnson was arrested this past weekend in Miami for urinating in public and resisting arrest without violence.
- Parity is as strong as ever in the NFL.
28 NFL games have been decided by 7 points or fewer through the first three weeks. That's the most to start a season in league history.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) September 24, 2013
More from Pride Of Detroit:
- VIDEO: Options to replace Nate Burleson
- Looking ahead to Lions' next opponent: Chicago Bears
- Lions vs. Bears: Full coverage of Sunday's game
- NFL power rankings, Week 4: Back in the right direction
- Lions trade rumors: Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt not realistic options?
- Lions schedule 2013: How future opponents fared in Week 3