- A few Detroit Lions players changed their number prior to the start of the regular season:
A couple number changes for the Lions: Joe Fauria No 80, Justin Bannan 97, DeJon Gomes 24, Rashean Mathis 31— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 3, 2013
- We are going to have to wait until Wednesday's injury report for an update on Ziggy Ansah's health, because Jim Schwartz declined to share any information on Tuesday.
- Schwartz was also pretty mum on how Michael Williams' injury suddenly became bad enough for him to miss the entire season and go on injured reserve.
- One more Schwartz note: He refused to confirm that Larry Warford and Jason Fox are starting on the right side of the offensive line. (Sigh.)
- This is pretty funny:
Riley Reiff on the comparisons between him and Jeff Backus: I'm better looking. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 3, 2013
- Louis Delmas really wants to make sure he stays healthy.
He also said "You walk into my house you’d think I have a whole hospital in that bad boy." Has ice machine, stim machine, hyperbaric chamber— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 3, 2013
- On Tuesday, Matthew Stafford responded to some of the criticism his throwing mechanics received over the offseason.
- The announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and Minnesota Vikings are going to be Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick. You are the worst, FOX.
- The Lions are 17th in SB Nation's initial 2013 power rankings.
- Battle Red Blog put together an extensive and interesting 2014 mock draft that has the Lions trading down and drafting Alabama offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.
- "Fantasy Failball" is now a thing, and it's pretty freaking great.
Lions notes looks at number changes, a couple injury updates and more.