Jason Hanson, who was honored at halftime on Sunday by the Detroit Lions, had the quote of the day:
Hanson: "I didn’t just play football IN Detroit, I played ONLY for Detroit." #OnePride— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) September 8, 2013
Reggie Bush is already making some history:
Reggie Bush: 1st @DetroitLionsNFL player with 90 rushing yards and 100 receiving yards in game since Barry Sanders in 1990— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) September 8, 2013
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had some high praise for the Lions' defensive line. After the game, he said "this is one of the best defensive fronts we're going to face all year," according to MLive.
- Starting right tackle Jason Fox left Sunday's game early on with a groin injury. Corey Hilliard, who spent all of training camp and the preseason battling for the starting right tackle job, took over for Fox.
Mikel Leshoure was inactive on Sunday because of a coach's decision rather than something related to an injury.
- The Lions decided to bench Darius Slay at the end of Sunday's game in order to get someone with more experience on the field (in the form of Rashean Mathis).
- As noted by Dave Birkett, the Lions had Rocky McIntosh in the game when they went to their four-linebacker package.
- The Lions posted a video of Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson entering the field during introductions. (Johnson apparently got the loudest cheer, followed by Bush and Stafford.)
- I don't know if Nate Burleson's new nickname for Ziggy Ansah -- "Notorious Z.I.G." -- is going to catch on.
- Burleson had a pretty great line on Joseph Fauria's touchdown celebration:
Burleson on Fauria's TD celebration: "I'm going to say it was a 9 out of 10. ... A white guy dancing? I'm for it all the time." #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 8, 2013
- And Joique Bell had a pretty great line about "vulturing" some touchdowns from Bush:
Joique Bell: "I'd like to throw out a big shout out to the big homie Reggie Bush for donating to the Joique Bell touchdown foundation."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) September 8, 2013
- These new seats in the Quicken Loans section look pretty awesome:
Crazy sick seats sponsored by Quicken Loans in corner end zone. Plush leather recliners, TVs & lots of room pic.twitter.com/Q6BonD6vJI— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) September 8, 2013
- This is also pretty awesome:
Lions notes: More on Sunday's win over Vikings
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
By Sean Yuille