- In an ESPN poll of NFL players, Ndamukong Suh came in first for the category of most feared player with 61 votes. Interestingly, Calvin Johnson came in second with 58 votes. Third place in the poll didn't even come close to Suh and Johnson, so the Lions have the league's two most feared players by a wide margin.
- Don Carey got an $800,000 signing bonus in his three-year extension, according to Dave Birkett.
- TMZ recently posted a video featuring Sam Martin and David Arquette, who is friends with Joseph Fauria. There's a sentence I never thought I'd type. (The headline TMZ used, by the way, is pretty misleading.)
- DeAndre Levy was voted the Lions' most valuable player on defense by his teammates.
- Tahir Whitehead, meanwhile, was voted the Lions' most valuable player on special teams. He showed off all the hardware he received last week:
After seeing @Big_Tah47 walking out last week, we had to assume he would win Special Teams MVP http://t.co/FulPw8KH9J pic.twitter.com/DirIt6Oyre— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) January 9, 2014
- Mike Munchak interviewed with the Houston Texans on Friday for their offensive line coach job. I think it's safe to say his chances of getting that job are much greater than his chances of becoming the Lions' next head coach.
- This is just a great picture:
Barry Sanders and a real lion: a Throwback Thursday with two kings of the jungle. #Lions pic.twitter.com/zBwq7Bn9sm— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) January 9, 2014
- In a re-draft of the 2008 NFL Draft by Mel Kiper, the Lions ended up with Duane Brown instead of Gosder Cherilus.
- Rotoworld's 2014 NFL free-agent rankings are out.
- Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin and Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix have both declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.