- The Detroit Lions gave head coach Jim Caldwell a four-year deal. No details on Caldwell's salary have leaked out at this time, though.
- Caldwell filmed a brief message for fans after arriving in Detroit on Wednesday.
Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome had this to say about Caldwell:
Ozzie Newsome on Jim Caldwell: "I believe it would be difficult to find anyone with the Ravens who is more respected than Jim Caldwell."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) January 15, 2014
Newsome: "He has many strengths, but one that is sometimes overlooked is his ability to bring a coaching staff together."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) January 15, 2014
- I like the sound of this (via this piece on Caldwell):
- Caldwell really likes the word "certainly." Case in point:
- The Lions' odds of winning next year's Super Bowl are currently 30/1.
- Lions senior personnel executive Brian Xanders continued his interview with the Miami Dolphins for their general manager job on Wednesday. In the wake of this news, Martin Mayhew admitted that he doesn't expect Xanders to remain with the Lions for long since he thinks Xanders will likely get another general manager job at some point.
- The Minnesota Vikings hired Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer as their head coach on Wednesday.
- Lions to hire Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator, according to report
- Calvin Johnson undergoes two surgeries to repair injuries
- Lions had two finalists for head coaching job
- Lions hoping to retain three assistants, according to report
- Recapping Jim Caldwell's first press conference as Lions head coach