- The Detroit Lions signed former Central Michigan center Darren Keyton to a futures deal on Thursday. Keyton was with the Lions last year before being let go during the final round of roster cuts at the end of August.
- Joique Bell said on Wednesday that he would like to "bypass" restricted free agency by simply signing a long-term deal with the Lions. I'm not exactly sure what would qualify as a long-term deal for a running back, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the Lions signing him to a multi-year contract.
- In other Bell news, he's been having quite the time in New York City this week.
Ever wanted to see Joique Bell in leather-on-leather? Here's your chance: pic.twitter.com/kZ3Gj65pgQ— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) January 30, 2014
Joique Bell came on stage at the end to big applause, did his hip hop horray TD celebration wave a few times before exiting stage left— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 30, 2014
- If the Lions want to bring in a veteran defensive end this offseason, Brett Keisel could be a potential option based on recent comments he made about possibly joining the team. Keisel has been in the NFL for 12 years, and he's only played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but it's unclear if they are going to re-sign him.
- Drew Brees had more good things to say about new Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi on Thursday.
- Dowell Loggains, who reportedly interviewed for the Lions' quarterbacks coach job, has been hired by the Cleveland Browns. At this point, it seems like the Lions may not even hire a dedicated quarterbacks coach, and with Jim Caldwell and Lombardi on the staff, I suppose they may not need one.
- Sam Martin and Joseph Fauria seem to be enjoying their offseason.
- According to the Detroit News, an NFL spokesman said this when asked about Jahvid Best's lawsuit: "There is absolutely no merit to these claims."
- Go read the Breaking Madden season finale right now.