- This won't come as a surprise to anybody, but the Detroit Lions led the NFL in fines for the 2013 season, according to Spotrac. The Lions finished with 17 fines, six more than the second-place Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Interestingly, the Lions only edged the Bucs in money lost to fines by a margin of $299,000-$281,875. (You can thank Dashon Goldson and his three fines that totaled $190,000 for that.)
- Ziggy Ansah is planning to work out with Ndamukong Suh this offseason.
- Football Outsiders has a great piece on how much potential Ansah has as a pass rusher.
- Joseph Fauria is heading into the offseason with an eye on improving his blocking, route running and catching skills.
- Nice try, NFL.com.
The NFL's Super Bowl website is just trolling Lions fans. :( pic.twitter.com/GtskiHm7x4— Fish (@RadioFish) January 2, 2014
- The NFL is considering multiple adjustments to the playoffs in the future, including adding a couple teams to the mix and automatically letting teams with the best records host games. I'm not sure if expansion is a great idea, but I definitely think it's time to do away with division winners automatically hosting games. The teams with the top records should be rewarded with home games.
- The Atlanta Falcons and Jacksonville Jaguars are going to serve as the coaching staffs for the 2014 Senior Bowl later this month.
- Bill Belichick isn't a fan of extra points because they are so easy under the current setup. Some of the ideas to change them are pretty interesting.
More from Pride Of Detroit