Detroit Lions players, much like Lions fans, were quite excited to find out that the team signed Matt Prater.
Caldwell said team meeting room broke into "rousing applause" when he announced Lions would sign Matt Prater— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 10, 2014
- The Lions got a pretty good deal on Prater's contract:
Matt Prater signed a 1-year minimum salary benefit deal. His $855k salary prorated for the rest of the season is $603,529 ($402,353 cap #).— Joel Corry (@corryjoel) October 9, 2014
- Speaking of the Lions' kicker issues, this is incredible:
From Grantland: Odds of an NFL kicker missing 8-of-9 from 40 yards and behind like Detroit Lions have this season: 7 in 10,000. Ouch.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 9, 2014
- This is just depressing:
Sam Martin is going to continue to serve as the Lions' kickoff specialist for the time being.
This week's captains for the Lions are Golden Tate (offense), DeAndre Levy (defense) and Don Carey (special teams).
- Tate is really, really good.
#Lions Matthew Stafford has a QB rating of 124.9 when targeting Golden Tate -- ranking 3rd in the league.— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) October 9, 2014
Golden Tate's 237 yards after the catch are the third most in the NFL and tops among receivers.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 9, 2014
- Thanks to a very sketchy report that popped up on Thursday, there were rumors that Jason Hanson was interested in unretiring but was turned down by the Lions. Safe to say those rumors were completely made up based on this:
Jim Caldwell's response to the rumor Jason Hanson was denied a tryout was ... laughter.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 10, 2014
Nick Fairley weight update: he's now back down to around 300 pounds.
Joseph Fauria stopped by Jimmy Traina's podcast this week.
- ESPN's Michael Rothstein took a look at how Rashean Mathis gets ready for game day.
- Clarence BEEFTANK has returned to Breaking Madden!
- The 2015 Super Bowl halftime show will reportedly feature Katy Perry.
Lions notes: Matt Prater's contract, Golden Tate, more
Lions notes looks at Matt Prater's contract, some impressive Golden Tate stats and much more.
By Sean Yuille