- On Tuesday, the Detroit Lions brought back wide receiver Patrick Edwards by signing him to their practice squad. Edwards, who has spent a lot of time with the Lions over the last couple of years, was most recently let go by the team during the final round of cuts this year. To make room for him, defensive tackle Derrick Hopkins was released.
- The Lions brought in several players for workouts on Tuesday:
...Erik Lora (Eastern Illinois), L'Damian Washington (Missouri), NT David Carter (UCLA), DE Roy Philon (Louisville).— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 14, 2014
The #Lions also brought in Jordan Lynch, the former Northern Illinois quarterback-turned-running back, for a workout.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 14, 2014
- Former Lions wide receiver Kevin Ogletree, who was released by the team last month, has signed with the New York Giants.
- Here's a nice stat: Since going 0-6 in the NFC North in 2012, the Lions are 6-2 in divisional games.
- This is a pretty interesting stat:
Going through some numbers & realized this - Sunday was the first day Stafford won an NFL game throwing for under 200 yards. Was 0-6. #Lions— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 13, 2014
Golden Tate thinks very highly of the Lions defense.
Golden Tate: "we definitely have the potential" to be as good defensively here as we were in Seattle last year— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 13, 2014
Calvin Johnson may not have been able to play last week, but he remained involved in the game by doing some coaching on the sideline:
- The announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and New Orleans Saints are going to be Chris Myers and Ronde Barber.
- Speaking of announcers, after his pretty awful debut and subsequent unprofessional behavior on Twitter, Mike Goldberg was pulled from his FOX broadcasting assignment for this weekend. Amazingly, he was set to announce another Minnesota Vikings game, but FOX decided to replace him with Tim Brando.
- Havard Rugland has released a new trick-shot video as part of an ad campaign for Gillette.
Lions notes: Patrick Edwards re-signed to practice squad
Lions notes looks at Patrick Edwards, some tryout news and much more.
By Sean Yuille