- The Detroit Lions' captains for Sunday are Reggie Bush (offense), James Ihedigbo (defense) and Isa Abdul-Quddus (special teams). Bush and Abdul-Quddus both spent time with the New Orleans Saints, so I'm sure it's no coincidence that they were chosen as captains this week.
- In order to prepare himself for his return to Ford Field, Matt Prater had plans to go there on Thursday to "get a feel" for things like the turf, the clocks and the stadium in general.
- With the Lions down to one healthy tight end (Brandon Pettigrew), they brought in two players for a workout on Thursday:
Per colleague @FieldYates, the Lions tried out tight ends Kellen Davis & Richard Gordon today.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 16, 2014
- Jim Caldwell and Matthew Stafford don't get much screen time during broadcasts of games.
- Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi has no interest in being carried off the field should his new team beat his old team on Sunday, and he's planning to keep his pre-game hugs to a minimum.
Lions OC Joe Lombardi said the QBs will fine him for every pre-game hug with Saints people Sunday. Plans to stick to handshakes.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 16, 2014
Travis Swanson and Larry Warford apparently put on an amazing skit in the Lions locker room on Friday.
Lions notes: Week 7 captains, Matt Prater, more
Lions notes looks at this week's captains, Matt Prater and much more.
By Sean Yuille