- The Detroit Lions flew to London on Monday night in advance of their game against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at Wembley Stadium. Before leaving for London, Jim Caldwell described this as a "business trip" rather than a "vacation."
- It sounds like there's an outside chance that Joseph Fauria could return to action this week.
Fauria said he ran and cut on his ankle for the first time today. Said it felt pretty good and was encouraged by it.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 20, 2014
- FOX has protected the Lions' Week 16 matchup with the Chicago Bears, meaning it can't be flexed into the Sunday night slot on NBC.
- How about that Lions defense?
Per @EliasSports, Brees' 10-consecutive passes without a completion in the 4th qtr yesterday was the longest stretch of his career #LionsD— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) October 20, 2014
DET has played 3 SB winning QBs this season (Eli, Rodgers & Brees). The Lions are 3-0 in those games & allowed a total of 4 pass TDs.— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) October 20, 2014
Ndamukong Suh leads all defensive tackles with 23 combined sacks, hits & hurries. 2nd are Nick Fairley & Sen'Derrick Marks w/ 21— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 20, 2014
- If reports from Australia are to be believed, the Lions may be expressing interest in adding another rugby player to their practice squad. Last year, they signed Carlin Isles to their practice squad and later their roster (on a futures deal), but he ended up sticking with rugby.
- Wide receiver Ifeanyi Momah, who was just signed to the Lions' practice squad on Monday, picked a good time to join the team.
According to Ifeanyi Momah's bio on the Eagles' site, traveling to Europe is on his bucket list. Gonna have to change that now.— Carlos Monarrez (@cmonarrez) October 20, 2014
- According to The MMQB, Caldwell took the Lions' beat writers out for a "three-hour dinner" last week. One of the beat writers, Dave Birkett, described it as a "get-to-know-you session." Interesting.
- Remember that story about the skit that Larry Warford and Travis Swanson put on in the Lions' locker room last week? Here's one of the photos they presented:
Larry Warford and Travis Swanson present: The Lucky Ringo's. Amazing. (via @wardaddy_75) pic.twitter.com/KsrerZFGIP— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) October 19, 2014
- The Seattle Seahawks traded wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets last Friday, and since then there have been several reports about his poor behavior in the locker room. Case in point:
Details on the two altercations: Percy Harvin bodyslammed Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl, punched Doug Baldwin during camp in August.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) October 18, 2014
Lions notes: The London trip begins
Lions notes looks at the team's trip to London, an update on Joseph Fauria and much more.
By Sean Yuille