Havard Rugland -- yes, the man called Kickalicious -- visited the Detroit Lions' practice on Friday. He wasn't there to try out for the Lions' kicker job or anything like that, though. He simply stopped by to visit with his former team.
Havard "Kickalicious" Rugland made an appearance at Lions practice today. pic.twitter.com/rEwVtp3gBZ— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 24, 2014
- The Lions' captains this week are Dominic Raiola (offense), Ziggy Ansah (defense) and Josh Bynes (special teams). As noted by Kyle Meinke, Raiola is the first player to be a captain more than once this season.
Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson have enjoyed the anonymity that comes along with being in another part of the world.
Stafford took a train into London on Tuesday. No one recognized him. "No one. It was cool."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 23, 2014
Calvin Johnson appreciates not being recognized much in London: "You go around here, don't have to worry about people asking for pictures."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 23, 2014
- This is just a great line from Stafford:
There's a Stafford in England. Does the Lions QB have any ties here? "I don't know. Maybe I'm a Lord or something."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 23, 2014
- This is a pretty interesting stat about Stafford:
Matthew Stafford = 6 game winning TD passes after 2-min warning in 4th Q. Most ever by a player in his first 6 seasons.— Scott Hanson (@ScottHanson) October 23, 2014
- According to what Martin Mayhew said earlier in the week, the Lions are planning to get TJ Jones on the practice field in the near future. When Jones does start practicing, the Lions will have a few weeks to decide if he should be activated from the PUP list or spend the remainder of the season on it.
- According to FiveThirtyEight, a Lions win on Sunday would increase their chances of making the playoffs by 7.6 percent. A loss, on the other hand, would decrease the Lions' playoff chances by 12.7 percent.
- The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas presented a very interesting plan for how the NFL could expand its global presence without permanently moving a franchise to London.
Lions notes: Kickalicious stops by practice
Lions notes looks at Havard Rugland, the team's captains this week and much more.
By Sean Yuille