- I think it's safe to say that Golden Tate's decision to sign with the Detroit Lions was a good one.
Golden Tate is now 98 yards shy of his career high in receiving yards. There are eight games left. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 26, 2014
- The Lions' post-game celebration on Sunday was pretty great, especially for Matt Prater.
- Also pretty great: Joseph Fauria quizzed random people in England about American football. (The outtakes are also pretty funny.)
As noted by our Justin Simon, the Lions are on a three-game winning streak for the first time since 2011.
- These are some pretty remarkable stats:
- A lot of people in the Detroit market got up early to watch the Lions on Sunday morning. Based on the strong ratings, I have a feeling Sunday morning games are here to stay, and as a fan of football, I'm all for that.
- On Saturday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy agreed to a seven-year contract extension that is reportedly worth up to $98 million (with $51 million guaranteed). Whether he ends up staying in Detroit or signing elsewhere, that'll be the baseline for Ndamukong Suh's next contract.
Lions notes: Golden Tate, Joseph Fauria, more
Lions notes looks at Golden Tate, Joseph Fauria and much more.
By Sean Yuille