- There was a report on Monday that Nick Fairley would miss 4-5 weeks with a sprained MCL and PCL, but Jim Caldwell said on Tuesday that he doesn't even know if Fairley will return at all this season. That's not to say that the prognosis isn't looking good or anything like that; it's just that the Lions hadn't been given any kind of a timetable on Fairley's return as of Tuesday.
- Also on Tuesday, Caldwell explained why the Lions ran the ball on third down late in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Caldwell said the run play on 3-9 with :24 left wasn't that much of a risk. Said they begin practice with "Bonsai" field goals every day.— Jennifer Hammond (@HammerFox2) October 28, 2014
Said he didn't want to leave any time on the clock for Atlanta— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 28, 2014
#Lions Jim Caldwell said FG team was ready in case they needed to rush on the field.— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) October 28, 2014
- The Lions' comeback victory is one of the nominees for the GMC Never Say Never Moment of Week 8.
- On Tuesday, the New York Giants signed cornerback Mike Harris off of the Lions' practice squad.
- The Lions decided to not hold any practices during their bye week, partly because they want to focus on getting everybody healthy.
- How come my trips to Meijer never turn out like this?
- Detroit Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy is apparently a pretty big sports fan.
SVG, "I have Lions and Red Wings season tickets as well as mens and womens BB to #UM, #MSU, Oakland and UDM."— Matt Shepard (@ShepMatt) October 28, 2014
- Cornerback Champ Bailey, who worked out for the Lions earlier this season, has decided to retire.
Lions notes: Nick Fairley, Jim Caldwell, more
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Jim Caldwell and much more.
By Sean Yuille