- Rashean Mathis got an interception and found the end zone for the first time in a long time on Sunday.
- After he scored his touchdown, Golden Tate celebrated by pretending that he was going to jump up and try to dunk the ball over the crossbar. The reaction from the official standing under the goal posts was pretty hilarious.
- LaAdrian Waddle had a pretty rough first game back from injury.
LaAdrian Waddle with his 3rd penalty of the day in his return. 2 holdings and now a hands to the face call.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 5, 2014
- The first five weeks of the season were pretty rough for the Lions' offensive line in general.
Matthew Stafford has been sacked 17 times this season. He didn't take his 17th sack last year until ... Week 16.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 5, 2014
- PLEASE FIND A GOOD KICKER, MARTIN MAYHEW. (Yes, I'm shouting.)
Lions now 1-for-9 on the season on field goals longer than 30 yards.— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) October 5, 2014
The Lions are already halfway to recording their most missed field goals in a season since 1980 when they had 15. They currently have 8.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 5, 2014
- After the Buffalo Bills won, former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz was carried off the field on the shoulders of two of his players. Apparently he requested this months ago.
Schwartz told Bills players in OTAs he wanted to be carried off the field after he beat the Lions— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 5, 2014
- If this is true, this is pretty classless:
Bills coach Doug Marrone, apparently said they are asking NFL to look into fans pointing lasers into his players eyes, inc on missed FG— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 5, 2014
Lions notes: More on Sunday's loss to Bills
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's loss to the Buffalo Bills.
By Sean Yuille