- As the Detroit Lions have had more and more issues at kicker, there has been more and more talk about Jason Hanson potentially unretiring. Most of this talk started out as nothing more than people joking around, but it's gotten to the point where Hanson's agent is actually getting questions about that possibility. Sadly, Hanson is staying retired.
Seeing Lions fans wondering if Jason Hanson would entertain idea of coming out of retirement. Agent says no, he's done. Help from elsewhere.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) October 6, 2014
- Can the Lions' kicking issues be traced back to holder Sam Martin? Jim Caldwell doesn't think so.
Detroit Lions are pleased with Sam Martin's holding. Said any switch would be because of the future kicker's preference, not performance.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 6, 2014
- This is a pretty remarkable stat:
- Kyle Van Noy is already feeling 100 percent healthy. Unfortunately, he won't actually be eligible to return from injured reserve until Week 10.
- This is a good sign:
Joseph Fauria is out of his boot and no longer using crutches. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 6, 2014
- Golden Tate set another new career high for receiving yards on Sunday.
Golden Tate's 134 receiving yards Sunday set a career high and gave him his first back-to-back 100-yard games. #Lions— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) October 6, 2014
- The fan who allegedly shined a laser pointer in the faces of Buffalo Bills players on Sunday was stupid enough to brag about it on Twitter. I can't imagine he will be going to any NFL games in the near future.
- Bills cornerback Ron Brooks, who was taken off the field on a stretcher on Sunday after landing on his head, was released from the hospital on Monday.
Lions notes: Jason Hanson has no plans to unretire
Lions notes looks at Jason Hanson, a Kyle Van Noy injury update and much more.
By Sean Yuille