- Matt Prater is going to wear the No. 5 jersey for the Detroit Lions.
- During an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit in August, Prater had some high praise for Jason Hanson.
From Matt Prater's AMA in August (via fez99): pic.twitter.com/Reko77Znym— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) October 8, 2014
- Also during that AMA, Prater said that he once made a 73-yard field goal with no wind. That's pretty incredible.
Sam Martin wasn't involved in Jay Feely and Connor Barth's tryouts on Tuesday, but he voluntarily came in to hold for Prater's workout with the Lions.
- The Lions made a couple changes to their practice squad this week. Specifically, they released cornerback Josh Victorian and signed cornerback Mike Harris, and they signed defensive tackle Derrick Hopkins after putting defensive tackle Xavier Proctor on practice squad injured reserve.
- The Lions worked out several players on Tuesday:
LIons worked out Connor Barth, Jay Feely, Mike Harris, Derrick Hopkins, Ellis Lankster, Curtis Marsh, Bryan McCann, Kheeston Randall— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 8, 2014
Lions also worked Caesar Rayford, R.J. Stanford, Trevin Wade— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 8, 2014
- Former Lions running back Mikel Leshoure worked out for the Denver Broncos on Tuesday, but the team didn't end up signing him.
- Former Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson has officially joined NFL Network.
- Pro Football Focus has the Lions' offensive line ranked 18th in the NFL through five weeks of the season. The Lions are 15th in pass blocking and 21st in run blocking.
Teddy Bridgewater is expected to start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings this week.
- Mike Goldberg and Brendon Ayanbadejo are going to be the announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and Vikings. If Goldberg's name sounds familiar, it's because he announces UFC fights and was briefly the play-by-play announcer for Detroit Red Wings games in the 1990s.
James Ihedigbo was mic'd up for last week's Lions game.
- Thanks to the late Ralph Wilson, the sale of the Buffalo Bills could be quite beneficial to the city of Detroit, which is where he grew up.
Lions notes: Matt Prater, practice squad changes, more
Lions notes looks at Matt Prater, some changes to the practice squad and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.