- The Detroit Lions may only be nine games into the season, but Golden Tate has already set career-highs in receptions (66) and yards (909).
Matthew Stafford made some history on Sunday:
QB Matthew Stafford has 19,953 passing yards in his first 70 career games, the most in NFL history -- 774 more than HOF Dan Marino (19,174)— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 10, 2014
- With their victory on Sunday, the Lions improved to 7-2 and matched their win total from last season.
- It's been a while since a new Lions head coach has had this good of a start in his first season with the team.
Jim Caldwell's 7-2 start is the second best for coach in his first year with the Lions, behind Potsy Clark's 8-1 mark in 1931.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 9, 2014
- Jim Caldwell decided to give the Lions a day off on Monday.
James Ihedigbo had a pretty priceless reaction when he was told after Sunday's game that he facemasked Ryan Tannehill during his interception return. Ihedigbo wasn't even aware of that until he was informed by the media.
- If the Lions keep winning, we may have to start calling this the Anti-Curse of Jim Schwartz:
Asked Raiola about the Lions not losing since Jim Schwartz was carried off the field. He smiled. "I think they lost today, right?"— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) November 9, 2014
- You can go here to see video of Nate Burleson's interview with Calvin Johnson, which aired on NFL Network on Sunday morning.
- In a recent article for the Free Press, Corey Hilliard wrote about what it's like to be on injured reserve.
- When he's not playing football, Don Carey is busy getting his Master of Theological Studies degree.
Drew Stanton is officially the Arizona Cardinals' starting quarterback with Carson Palmer out for the season with a torn ACL. As noted by Dave Birkett, it's going to be one heck of a week for Stanton with the Cardinals playing the Lions on Sunday:
Not only is Drew Stanton taking over as starter & facing his old team this wk. His wife is also expecting their 2nd baby any day. #WhatAWeek— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 10, 2014
Lions notes looks at Golden Tate, Matthew Stafford and much more.