- The Detroit Lions' captains this week are Joique Bell (offense), Ndamukong Suh (defense) and Julian Stanford (special teams).
- The MMQB's Andy Benoit took an in-depth look at what kind of impact Suh makes on the Lions defense.
- Rookie wide receiver TJ Jones, who has been on the PUP list all season, is planning on returning to practice next week. What exactly does that mean for him going forward? Here are his options:
For those wondering TJ Jones has to start practicing next week. Once he does, 3-week window to make a decision: activate, cut or IR.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 14, 2014
- Calvin Johnson was mic'd up last week against the Miami Dolphins.
- James Ihedigbo was fined $10,000 for his facemask penalty on Ryan Tannehill last week.
- The Lions aren't doing so hot in Pro Bowl voting.
- If only Matthew Stafford played like this all the time:
Matthew Stafford's passer rating when trailing inside 4 minutes this season: 144.8.— Zach Kruse (@zachkruse2) November 12, 2014
- Shaun Hill is scheduled to start for the St. Louis Rams on Sunday, meaning that all three quarterbacks from the 2011 Lions will be starting this week (Stafford and Drew Stanton are the other two, obviously).
- It's been a wild week for Stanton.
Talk about an emotional time: new Cardinals' starting QB Drew Stanton's wife gave birth to their second child and first daughter last night.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 11, 2014
- The Lions have not had much luck against the Cardinals in recent memory.
The #Cardinals have won five straight and 10 of the last 13 against the #Lions. Sunday, it's for the best record in the NFC.— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) November 12, 2014
- The Lions are going to wear their regular uniforms on Thanksgiving. In other words, no throwbacks again this year.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh, TJ Jones, more
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh, TJ Jones and much more.
By Sean Yuille Updated