- The halftime show for this year's Thanksgiving game has finally been announced:
Thanksgiving halftime all local this year: Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences Show Choir and Walled Lake Central Marching Band.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 21, 2014
- The Detroit Lions' captains this week are Matthew Stafford (offense), Rashean Mathis (defense) and Jed Collins (special teams).
- In an effort to get the offense to play better, Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi is simplifying his game plan this week.
Lombardi: Sometimes we over-prepare w/call sheet. Plan to limit calls by 20% this wk to allow more reps & better execution on ones they keep— Tori Petry (@sportstori) November 20, 2014
- Not only are the Lions playing host to Monday night's Buffalo Bills-New York Jets game, but they're also playing host to the Bills at their practice facility this weekend. Since the Bills were unable to practice in Buffalo, they flew to Detroit on Friday and later held a practice at the Lions' facility in Allen Park. That must have been a very odd experience for Jim Schwartz with him returning to his old stomping grounds. (By the way, some Bills players had to be picked up by snowmobile in order to get to the airport to fly out of Buffalo. Talk about a wild situation.)
- Good news: Jerome Boger is not officiating the Lions' game on Sunday.
Referee for Lions at Patriots: Tony Corrente— Football Zebras (@footballzebras) November 20, 2014
- The Lions worked out three defensive backs this week.
- The Lions really can't afford to rely on making a late comeback on Sunday given their opponent and the location of the game.
Lions *may* wanna reconsider slow-starting ways against Patriots, who haven't lost a home halftime lead since 2000 http://t.co/zc2CjcpLqg— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) November 20, 2014
Here's a "fun" stat: The Green Bay Packers are averaging more points in the first half than the Lions are in games this year.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 20, 2014
- After being released by the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this week, running back LeGarrette Blount re-signed with the New England Patriots.
Lions notes: Thanksgiving halftime show announced
Lions notes looks at the Thanksgiving halftime show, Joe Lombardi's plan to simplify the offense and much more.
By Sean Yuille