- He didn't get much help from his receivers not named Golden Tate, but Matthew Stafford had an awful Sunday, to say the least.
Matthew Stafford completed 39% of his passes today. Before today his career low was 40%, in the Philadelphia blizzard last year.— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) November 23, 2014
- Speaking of Tate, he has had quite a season so far:
Golden Tate passes 1,000 yards on the season with that catch. First career 1,000-yard season. 42 yards there. #DETvsNE— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 23, 2014
- At least for now, the Lions have no plans to take away Joe Lombardi's play-calling duties.
Dominic Raiola committed an extremely dirty play at the end of Sunday's game, and his explanation for it only made things worse.
- This sums up how bad the Lions' kickers have been this season:
Lions have missed 12 field goals this season. No other team has missed more than 6— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 23, 2014
- To say Bill Belichick owns Jim Caldwell would be an understatement.
Jim Caldwell has coached against Belichick four times as a HC. He's trailed by 17+ points in every game.— Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) November 23, 2014
Riley Reiff left Sunday's game early on with a knee injury. He was replaced by Cornelius Lucas, and so far there's no update on the severity of Reiff's injury.
Ashlee Palmer, meanwhile, left Sunday's game with a possible concussion.
- This is pretty wild:
14 years ago today was Tom Brady’s debut. Patriots lost to Lions 34-9. Today, Pats beat Lions 34-9 (H/T @NFLOnCBS, jfahmy).— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) November 23, 2014
Lions notes: More on Sunday's loss to Patriots
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's loss to the New England Patriots.
By Sean Yuille