- There was a pretty good turnout for Monday night's Buffalo Bills/New York Jets game at Ford Field.
Oh, and Ford Field is pretty much full at this point. pic.twitter.com/LxqL17shTj— Mike Rodak (@mikerodak) November 25, 2014
- SB Nation has more on what the atmosphere was like at Ford Field on Monday night.
- Well done, Detroit Lions.
A total of $50,840 in 50/50 raffle run by the @Lions tonight. Proceeds going to #Buffalo disaster relief agencies. #NFLFamily— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) November 25, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal put together a great piece on Ndamukong Suh and Warren Buffett, who is one of Suh's business mentors. Suh apparently wants to one day become a billionaire, and he seems to be on the right track given who he has surrounded himself with in the business world.
- Reminder: Thursday's game between the Lions and Chicago Bears is going to be on CBS (Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are the announcers).
- The Lions have a new logo for their annual Thanksgiving game:
The Detroit #Lions unveiled a new logo for their Thanksgiving game. pic.twitter.com/u5YVdo03ED— SideLion Report (@SideLionReport) November 24, 2014
- Of the NFC teams that have at least seven wins, the Lions have the easiest remaining schedule by a pretty wide margin.
Remaining strength of schedule for NFC teams w/ 7+ wins: SEA .636 DAL .564 SF .564 AZ .527 PHI .527 GB .509 DET .436— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) November 25, 2014
- Things turned out pretty well for the Lions the last time they went two straight games without a touchdown.
Last time #Lions didn't score a TD in back-to-back games was 11/25 & 12/5 of 1993. They were 7-3 before those two games and made playoffs.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 24, 2014
- In terms of yards allowed per game, the Lions are now third in the NFL. In terms of points allowed per game, however, the Lions still have the NFL's top defense.
- Bears head coach Marc Trestman thinks quite highly of the Lions defense.
Trestman said the Lions have the best-coached defense in the NFL. Conceptualize well, scheme well with DBs and have overcome injuries.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) November 25, 2014
- The Lions worked out former Michigan punter Zoltan Mesko last week. The news came as a bit of a surprise considering the Lions don't exactly need help at that position, but ESPN's Mike Reiss speculates that the workout was held simply so Detroit's returners had a chance to field kicks from a left-footed punter before playing New England. (The Patriots' punter is left-footed.)
- Your stat of the day:
The Buccaneers are 2 games out of first in the NFC South and 1 game out of first in the 2015 NFL Draft.— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) November 25, 2014
- I think it's safe to say the Denver Broncos made a mistake by releasing Matt Prater. I say that because they released kicker Brandon McManus on Tuesday and replaced him with Connor Barth, who worked out for the Lions earlier in the season. Jay Feely, who also worked out for the Lions earlier in the season, worked out for the Broncos as well.
- Congrats to Elfuego51 for winning Pride Of Detroit's 2014 survivor league.
Lions notes: Recapping Monday's game at Ford Field
Lions notes looks at Monday's game at Ford Field, Ndamukong Suh's business aspirations and much more.
By Sean Yuille