- Cornerback Danny Gorrer, who was released by the Detroit Lions on Monday, was claimed off waivers by the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday. Gorrer, who first played for the Ravens in 2011, is the second former Lions player to end up elsewhere via waivers this week, as safety Jerome Couplin was claimed by the Buffalo Bills on Monday.
Nevin Lawson, who suffered a season-ending injury in Week 2, said on Wednesday that he is hoping to be 100 percent by the time OTAs begin next year. OTAs are obviously a long way away, but Lawson is coming back from a pretty nasty injury.
Nevin Lawson says his season ending injury was a dislocated foot, not toes. The bone was protruding out in the middle of the foot.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) November 5, 2014
- Upon returning from his suspension earlier this week, C.J. Mosley apologized to a variety of people.
C.J. Mosley apologized to his teammates, the #Lions organization and fans but did not take questions beyond that.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 3, 2014
- The second half of the season is going to present a difficult challenge for the Lions, as they have the third-toughest remaining schedule in the NFC, according to MLive. By comparison, the Lions had the third-easiest schedule in the first half of the season.
Jordan Thompson had a pretty outstanding Halloween costume:
Innocent costume party with friends! But @JORDANTH0MPS0N took it to another level ...I was mad, for a second. Touché pic.twitter.com/cn9LXsJ2hZ— Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) November 4, 2014
Matthew Stafford's costume was also pretty great:
Eat your heart out, Will Ferrell. Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford kills it as Jackie Moon, with fiance @kellybhall pic.twitter.com/OqZLkMBMFW— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) November 5, 2014
- The announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and Miami Dolphins are going to be Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts. That's actually the No. 2 NFL announcing crew for CBS, so they apparently think quite highly of this matchup.
- Former Lions running back Mikel Leshoure reportedly worked out for the Chicago Bears this week.
Lions notes: Danny Gorrer claimed off waivers by Ravens
Lions notes looks at Danny Gorrer, an update on Nevin Lawson and much more.
By Sean Yuille