- Although he's currently on crutches, Nick Fairley's knee injury isn't expected to require surgery. That's good news, but Jim Caldwell still isn't sure if Fairley will actually be back this season.
Matthew Stafford looked back at his mic'd-up moments in a very entertaining interview with Joe Buck.
- The Detroit Lions' captains for Week 10 are LaAdrian Waddle (offense), George Johnson (defense) and Jeremy Ross (special teams).
Ashlee Palmer used his bye week to watch the Miami Dolphins in person. Now that's advanced scouting.
Louis Delmas apparently hasn't missed a practice all season for the Dolphins. Where was that kind of durability when he played for the Lions?
- Sunday's game has big-time playoff implications for both the Lions and Dolphins.
Kyle Van Noy is expected to play on both defense and special teams on Sunday as he makes his official NFL debut.
Nate Burleson returned to the Lions' facility on Thursday to interview Calvin Johnson for NFL Network.
- Well said, Joe Lombardi:
Lions OC Joe Lombardi on getting Megatron back: "There’s certain things you do with him that you wouldn’t bother doing with mere mortals."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 6, 2014
- As noted by POD user DetroitLionKing, the Lions haven't won a home game against an AFC team since 2011. They're currently on a five-game losing streak, and all of those losses came in pretty heartbreaking fashion:
Those losses: HOU 34-31 (OT), IND 35-33 (last-second TD), CIN 27-24 (last-second FG), BAL 18-16 (61-yard FG) and BUF 17-14 (last-second FG)— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) November 6, 2014
- With the Lions taking on the Kansas City Chiefs in London next year, they will extend their streak of not playing at Arrowhead Stadium, and that's probably a good thing.
#Lions haven't played in KC since 2003 and haven't won there since 1988. Chiefs are 5-1 all-time at Arrowhead against Lions.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) November 6, 2014
Assuming schedule formula remains the same, #Lions won't play in Arrowhead Stadium until 2023 - 20 years between appearance. Odd— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) November 6, 2014
- Lions president Tom Lewand made it clear that the team has no interest in giving up a home game to play in London.
- It seems that the Lions are coming out of their bye week in a pretty good mood:
Tate, Broyles, Ross and Riddick were playing corn hole in the locker room for more than a half hour. Think this team is loose?— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) November 7, 2014
Of course, this comes a day after Joique Bell was pillow fighting teammates in the locker room.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) November 7, 2014
- Why did Josh Bynes suddenly show up on the injury report before the Lions' game in London two weeks ago? It turns out that he had an emergency root canal.
Lions notes: Nick Fairley, Matthew Stafford, more
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Matthew Stafford and much more.
By Sean Yuille