- As noted by Tom Leyden, the Detroit Lions are 7-2 for the first time since 1993.
- Quick injury update: Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle, Reggie Bush, Brandon Pettigrew and Don Muhlbach all suffered injuries during this game. Bush (on a limited basis), Pettigrew and Muhlbach all returned after their injuries, but Warford and Waddle were replaced by Travis Swanson and Cornelius Lucas, respectively. Waddle seemed to be dealing with a left leg injury, while Warford was actually carted to the locker room with a big wrap on his left knee.
- Well done, Lions:
Caldwell said the Lions gave a gameball to Andrew Martin, the Army soldier who was honorary captain today. He's being deployed to Korea— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 9, 2014
- Joique Bell absolutely destroyed Cortland Finnegan on Sunday:
Joique Bell just CRUSHED Cortland Finnegan https://t.co/aXtD4NjLUv— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) November 9, 2014
- Sam Martin was quite excited after his successful fake punt, and rightfully so.
Detroit's Sam Martin is just the third player this century to have two complete passes and two punts in the same game.— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) November 9, 2014
- Calvin Johnson recorded his 70th career touchdown on Sunday.
- The Lions' first two drives of the game produced points in very different ways.
Lions first possession took 18 snaps, 8:41 to get a field goal. Second one took 8 seconds, 49 yards to a TD -- Stafford to Johnson.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) November 9, 2014
- With Danny Gorrer being released earlier this week, Don Carey and Cassius Vaughn rotated as the Lions' nickelback. (Gorrer, by the way, had an interception on Sunday after joining the Baltimore Ravens via waivers on Tuesday.)
- According to John Niyo, Rob Sims took the blame for the Lions' blocked field goal. He was actually filling in for the injured Warford.
- The Lions should never attempt a field goal from 40-49 yards again.
The Lions are now 1-for-9 on field goals of 40-49 yards this season.— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) November 9, 2014
- Matthew Stafford has a thing for comebacks.
- And finally, all aboard the Theo Riddick Hype Train.
Lions notes: More on Sunday's win over Dolphins
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's win over the Miami Dolphins.
By Sean Yuille