- Ndamukong Suh made an interesting comment on Wednesday about his contract situation:
Ndamukong Suh said it's not his decision if Sunday will be his last game in Detroit. He said that decision will come from agent Jimmy Sexton— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 10, 2014
- Speaking of Suh's contract, I wholeheartedly agree with Kyle Meinke's recent take on the situation: "Sure, in an ideal world, you don't fork over $16 million to a defensive tackle. But he's also the guy who makes everything else go. Lose him, and you risk unraveling the whole thing just when it was getting good."
- Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer certainly thinks quite highly of Suh.
Mike Zimmer says Ndamukong Suh is one of the best DTs of all-time. High praise from an accomplished defensive coach.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) December 10, 2014
- Speaking of Suh and contracts, the 2015 salary cap is currently projected to be $138.6-$141.8 million. This year's cap is only $133 million, so that's a pretty significant increase, and usually these projections end up being on the low side. In other words, it wouldn't be surprising if the 2015 cap ends up somewhere around $142 million when all is said and done.
- The Detroit Lions still aren't doing very well in Pro Bowl voting. In related news, Glover Quin is not a fan of the current voting system for the Pro Bowl.
- The Lions have been quite good at home this season.
If the Lions win Sunday, they'll finish with their best record ever at Ford Field (7-1). Best home record overall since going 7-1 in 1995.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 10, 2014
- It's not like the Lions need extra motivation to beat the Green Bay Packers in Week 17 given how much could be on the line, but a recent exchange between Aaron Rodgers and Stephen Tulloch could certainly add some fuel to the fire. I personally don't think Rodgers' comment was that big of a deal, but I could see the Lions putting some extra focus on it and really rallying around their injured teammate.
- The NFL has a new personal conduct policy.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh says agent will determine future
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh's contract situation, the projected salary cap for 2015 and much more.
By Sean Yuille