- LaAdrian Waddle had to be carted off the field on Sunday because of a knee injury. There's no word yet on just how bad the injury is, but this doesn't sound promising:
Caldwell said "not good" on Waddle's injury but doesn't have an update yet— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 15, 2014
- Ashlee Palmer (quad) and Mohammed Seisay (hamstring) also got hurt on Sunday.
- Remember how a few Lions players landed on the injury report last week because of an illness? It turns out Matthew Stafford got sick as well, although he didn't miss any practice time because of it.
Stafford said he was a little sluggish during the week, but bug going around locker room didn't cost any practice snaps. Felt fine today.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 15, 2014
- Billionaire Warren Buffett attended Sunday's game in a No. 90 Lions jersey. Buffett was there as a guest of Ndamukong Suh, and he said that he wants Suh to re-sign with the Lions.
Warren Buffett on Ndamukong Suh: "I hope he stays in Detroit. It's his call, obviously. He's a hero in Detroit. He deserves to be one."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 14, 2014
- At one point on Sunday, the cameras captured an interesting exchange between C.J. Mosley and Suh on the bench. It looked like Mosley said, "Don't go, baby. Don't go." This didn't make a ton of sense considering Mosley is also a free agent and may not be back next season, but the context of the exchange explained everything:
@Justin_Rogers yes. I was there. Fans behind bench were saying "Don't go, Suh. Don't go." CJ picked up the refrain.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) December 15, 2014
- Speaking of the fans, they really brought it on Sunday.
- Matt Prater has really stabilized the kicker position for the Lions.
- The Lions have been outstanding this season when it comes to forcing interceptions.
That's 11-straight games with an INT for the Lions. Longest streak since 1981 (13). They have a pick in 12 games this year. #MINvsDET— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 14, 2014
- The Lions' safeties have had a big role in the increase in interceptions, and I wholeheartedly agree with what Glover Quin said after Sunday's game:
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's win over the Minnesota Vikings.