- Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin is one of the top names on the Fritz Pollard Alliance's list of minority coaching candidates, according to the Free Press. This doesn't mean that Austin is going to land a head coaching job in 2015 or anything like that, but his chances of at least getting an interview are very good given what he's done with the Lions defense this season.
- A perfect example of Austin's excellent work is that Glover Quin is the third Lions defender this season to receive NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors. DeAndre Levy and Ziggy Ansah won the award earlier in the season, and Quin is the first Lions defensive back to take home the honor in quite some time.
- Ansah and Rashean Mathis were mic'd up against the Vikings.
- It's been quite a week for Jason Jones.
- Stephen Tulloch is the Lions' nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award.
- The Buffalo Bills picked a pretty good way to thank the Lions for their hospitality last month:
- The Lions worked out cornerbacks Dominique Franks and Roc Carmichael this week.
- Todd McShay's first 2015 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Washington cornerback Marcus Peters.
- Former Lions cornerback Chris Greenwood has signed with the Baltimore Ravens.
- It sounds like the Chicago Bears are getting ready to potentially clean house after the season.
Source: #Bears ownership met last night. Trestman likely fired at season's end, Emery's fate still undecided.— Dan Bernstein (@dan_bernstein) December 16, 2014
- Good luck to Kudos, who is my opponent in the 2014 POD fantasy football league championship game. After coming up short the last two years, I'm looking to win my fourth title and my first since three-peating from 2009-11.
Lions notes looks at Teryl Austin, Glover Quin and much more.