- You can probably go ahead and rule out Nick Fairley for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.
Caldwell on if Fairley will play this week: "It'd be a mircale." Said he could play in the postseason.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 29, 2014
- Despite declaring himself day-to-day, it sounds like Larry Warford is also going to be out on Sunday.
Caldwell on Warford: "Not ruled out yet but not certain" if he'll be available— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 29, 2014
- Raiola, by the way, was officially reinstated on Monday. The Detroit Lions waived Darren Keyton, who was promoted from the practice squad over the weekend, to make room for Raiola's return. Keyton will likely end up back on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
- I rarely agree with Mike Pereira, but he pretty much summed up my thoughts on Ndamukong Suh's suspension.
Mike Pereira on @FOXSports1 : "It's piling on Suh. If it's someone else stepping on a lesser known QB, there would be no suspension."— P. Schrager (@PSchrags) December 29, 2014
- So you're telling me there's a chance.
- It's worth noting that this was written before his most recent suspension, but ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi reports that the Cleveland Browns "are considering Suh as a prime free agent target." I'm sure we'll hear plenty more stories like this from now until the start of free agency.
- The Cowboys may also be down a defensive tackle on Sunday.
Sources: #Cowboys DT Henry Melton sustained a leg injury that could knock him out for the playoffs. MRI today, but it’s considered serious— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 29, 2014
- Jim Caldwell may have delivered his best quote of the season on Monday.
- Bob McGinn's always interesting All-NFC North team is out.
- It's time to hand out some congratulations. First, big ups to Christopher Tomke, who was the only POD writer to correctly predict the Lions' 11-5 record and correctly predict that they would make the playoffs. Speaking of correct predictions, job well done to Elfuego51, who won our survivor pool and went a perfect 17-for-17 over the course of the season. Congratulations are also in order for LALA Land Lion and our very own Brian Packey. LALA Land Lion won our regular pick'em pool, and Brian absolutely destroyed the competition by winning our spread pick'em pool by a whopping nine points. Good job, guys.
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Larry Warford and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.