- When Reggie Bush returns, he is technically going to be considered the Detroit Lions' starting running back. That probably won't mean much for how the carries are actually divided up among the running backs, though.
Joique Bell got more touches before Reggie Bush's injury even though Bush was the "starter." No reason to expect that to change now.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 4, 2014
Jim Caldwell explained this week that Ryan Broyles hasn't seen the field much this season because he plays the "same position" as Golden Tate.
- The Lions' captains this week are Dominic Raiola (offense), Jason Jones (defense) and Tahir Whitehead (special teams).
- Two videos worth watching this weekend: Corey Fuller mic'd up on Thanksgiving and "Ask A Lion" with Matthew Stafford.
- Say what you want about his drafting, but Martin Mayhew has done an outstanding job in free agency in recent years.
4 of @Lions most recent FA signings have hit career highs this season: Tate 80 rec, 1136 yds; Ihedigbo 3 INT; Quin 4 INT; G. Johnson 4 sacks— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) December 4, 2014
- Former Michigan assistant and current Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin had this to say when he was asked about the possibility of replacing Brady Hoke in Ann Arbor:
Teryl Austin on interest in U-M job: "No, I'm interested in this job."— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) December 4, 2014
- This is just a great tweet:
I am not alone. "@Factograms: Every year, about 86,000 people are injured by tripping over their pets."— Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) December 4, 2014
- Kicker Jay Feely, who worked out for the Lions earlier in the season, joined the Chicago Bears this week with Robbie Gould dealing with an injury.
- Speaking of the Bears, I can't imagine they will have wide receiver Brandon Marshall when they take on the Lions in Week 16 given what happened on Thursday night:
#Bears announce WR Brandon Marshall broke two ribs and injured a lung; is still in hospital due to lung injury.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 5, 2014
Lions notes looks at Reggie Bush, Ryan Broyles and much more.