- Sunday's game was the Detroit Lions' first win in December since they beat the San Diego Chargers on Dec. 24, 2011. (Yes, the Lions managed to go winless in December in each of the last two years.)
- Keep it up, Matthew Stafford.
Stafford now has back-to-back 100-plus passer rating games for first time since the end of 2011 -- when he got hot and lions made playoffs— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 7, 2014
Season-high quarterback rating for Matthew Stafford. 133.3 better than the 125.3 he posted in week 1.— SideLion Report (@SideLionReport) December 7, 2014
Last time Matthew Stafford had back-to-back games with a passer rating greater than 115? Never.— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) December 7, 2014
Brandon Pettigrew was benched for the first quarter of Sunday's game because of a violation of team rules.
- Chances are Ndamukong Suh will be hearing from the NFL for the roughing the passer penalty he received on Sunday.
- Suh actually went over to Josh McCown to shake hands with him after the hit. I thought that might have been his way of apologizing, but Suh explained the gesture as follows:
Suh, on shaking hands with McCown after big hit: "We want to help them up...and then knock them back down again."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 7, 2014
DeAndre Levy really improved his career sack total on Sunday.
Caraun Reid landed on the injury report on Saturday with an illness and was inactive on Sunday, but perhaps those two things weren't actually related.
I was told DT Caraun Reid being inactive was more to do with the #Lions being healthy and the numbers game than his illness.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 7, 2014
Glover Quin is having one heck of a season.
- Despite staying in the game and scoring a touchdown after he got hurt, Joseph Fauria appears to have reinjured his left ankle.
TE Joe Fauria limped out of Ford Field with a walking boot on his left foot. Sources tell me he'll have an MRI Monday.— Jennifer Hammond (@HammerFox2) December 7, 2014
- Fauria's teammates weren't exactly fans of his twerking celebration.
Stafford on Fauria's TD dance: "That wasn't my favorite."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) December 7, 2014
Calvin Johnson said he was running away from Fauria's twerking. "I didn't want to get caught on camera with him"— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 7, 2014
Gerald McCoy is one tough player.
Per league source, Bucs DT Gerald McCoy dislocated knee cap at Detroit. He returned and played despite the injury.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) December 7, 2014
- Sunday's win by the Lions officially eliminated the Chicago Bears from playoff contention.
Lions notes looks at various tidbits from Sunday's win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.