- The Detroit Lions released Louis Delmas last week, but they reportedly want to re-sign him to a more affordable deal. They have some competition, though. Delmas visited the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday, although Jason La Canfora reports that a deal isn't believed to be imminent. Even so, La Canfora also reports that the Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos are "among the interested teams" for Delmas, who apparently is going to take more visits following the NFL Combine.
- Larry Warford made NFL.com's All-Under-25 Team. Devin Taylor, meanwhile, made The MMQB's All-Emerge Team for 2014.
- MLive's Justin Rogers put together a good piece comparing the Lions' top salary cap commitments to other NFL teams.
- With Joe Lombardi leaving New Orleans to be the Lions' offensive coordinator, Joseph Fauria is striving to "have the kind of production" that Jimmy Graham has had as a tight end with the Saints. Yes please.
- I think we have the early favorite for most ridiculous offseason story: "Mike Ditka would prefer if Matthew Stafford wore his hat forward." Yes, that's a real headline, and no, it's not from The Onion. (The only thing I have to say to Ditka is this: I would prefer if NFL analysts didn't fall asleep on live TV.)
- Might the Green Bay Packers actually be an active participant in free agency this year? It sounds like it could happen.
- Talk about overpaid...
BREAKING NEWS: NFL paid commissioner Roger Goodell $35.1 mln, plus $9.1 mln of deferred pay in year-ended March 31, ’13, for $44.2 mln total— daniel kaplan (@dkaplanSBJ) February 14, 2014
- Mike Mayock's position rankings are out for the 2014 NFL Draft.