- The Detroit Lions have two official media sessions scheduled at the 2014 NFL Combine:
- The Free Press' Dave Birkett reports that the Lions "will meet with the reps for most if not all of their free agents this week" at the combine. Birkett also reports that the Lions want to get negotiations rolling at the combine for Ndamukong Suh's new contract, but Suh still doesn't have an agent. Hopefully he will have someone in place soon.
- It may be the offseason, but Joseph Fauria is still dancing.
- MLive's Justin Rogers put together a projection for what a long-term contract extension might look like for Joique Bell.
- A ranking of the NFL's 2013 kickers based on "points generated over average" put David Akers near the bottom of the league. Sounds about right.
- Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin plans to really focus on getting his players to force turnovers.
- SB Nation's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions going with a pair of players from the Big Ten. They are projected to take Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby in the first round and Penn State wide receiver Allen Robinson in the second round. I'd be fine with Robinson, but Roby seems quite overrated and not even remotely worth the 10th overall pick.
- Rotoworld's latest advanced metrics post focuses on the 2014 NFL Draft's top tight ends.
- ESPN's Field Yates has a great piece on what goes on behind the scenes at the NFL Combine.
- You can find SB Nation's 2014 NFL Combine preview here.
Lions notes looks at Joseph Fauria, Joique Bell, David Akers and much more.