- It seems that both the New York Giants and New York Jets may be interested in Brandon Pettigrew, who is set to become a free agent at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday.
Here's a very interesting name to add to the Giants' watch list: TE Brandon Pettigrew. ... I'm told there's some level of interest there.— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) March 10, 2014
As others have noted, Jets looking at Brandon Pettigrew as a possible addition at TE. #nyj— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) March 8, 2014
- Here's the latest on restricted free agent Joique Bell's contract situation with the Detroit Lions:
Lions are working hard on a long-term deal for Joique Bell. Hope still is it gets done tomorrow before the start of free agency.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 10, 2014
- It turns out that Ndamukong Suh will be represented in his contract negotiations by both CAA and Roc Nation Sports after all.
Roc Nation Sports & CAA will serve as equal agents in negotiations of Ndamukong Suh’s contract— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) March 10, 2014
Kris Durham, who was tendered as an exclusive-rights free agent last week, officially re-signed with the Lions on Monday.
Just finished signing my contract! Beyond blessed to be a part of the @DetroitLionsNFL organization for another year!!— Kris Durham (@KrisDurham16) March 10, 2014
- I can't say that I expected Jordon Dizon's name to come up in a tweet about the Lions' salary cap situation, but that's exactly what happened on Monday:
The Lions, btw, will have a trickle more cap room than 1st thought. They get a $181k credit from a grievance w/Jordon Dizon (remember him?)— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 10, 2014
Jason Hanson said that he feels some guilt over not being able to win a championship for William Clay Ford.
- MLive's Kyle Meinke put together a good piece on Ford and his tenure as owner of the Lions.
- Rotoworld ranked the NFL's general managers, and the Lions' Martin Mayhew came in 25th.
- For the gamblers out there, the Lions' projected win total for 2014 is currently set at 8.0. It's tough to predict considering we're still so far away from the season, but would you take the over or under on that right now?
- Sammy Watkins posted another picture for Lions fans to dream about.
(He posted this last week, in case you missed it.)
- Defensive end Michael Bennett re-signed with the Seattle Seahawks on Monday for four years and $28.5 million. It turns out that he turned down more money from the Chicago Bears and another team to stay in Seattle.
Often you'll hear a player turned down more $ elsewhere. In Michael Bennett's case, it's true. Bears aren't happy but those are the breaks.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 10, 2014
Everson Griffen, with one career start, gets $8.5M/year with Vikings. Michael Bennett takes $7.125M/year to stay in Seattle.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) March 10, 2014
Lions notes: Will Brandon Pettigrew land in New York?
Lions notes looks at Brandon Pettigrew, Joique Bell, another interesting photo from Sammy Watkins and much more.
By Sean Yuille