- According to Ian Rapoport, the Detroit Lions haven't actually started contract talks with Ndamukong Suh, likely because he just recently picked an agent. At this point, a new deal doesn't seem likely in the immediate future, so much like the situation with Matthew Stafford last year, it could take some time for a long-term extension to be worked out.
- Joique Bell had this to say on Tuesday after agreeing to a new three-year deal with the Lions:
Bell: "I don't think this could have played out any better in a movie I'm speechless."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 11, 2014
Bell: "I feel so many different emotions going through my body right now. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, hug my mom or grab my son."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 11, 2014
- Several Lions players tweeted about Bell's new deal on Tuesday. Take a look:
Major shoutout to big bra @JoiqueBell on his new contract. You deserve every bit of that bro, now it's time to eat.— Steven Miller (@Steevie_Mo) March 11, 2014
Congrats to my man @JoiqueBell on the new contract!!— Dorin Dickerson (@scorindorin) March 11, 2014
@JoiqueBell happy for you bra— theo riddick (@Riddick6) March 11, 2014
Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) March 11, 2014
Congrats to my bro Joique Bell on the new deal! Glad to have him back our offense wouldn't be complete without him! pic.twitter.com/Eo65GQ6gml— Reggie Bush (@ReggieBush) March 11, 2014
Bill Bentley (@BB5LIVE) March 11, 2014Darren Sproles also tweeted his congratulations to Bell. (They were teammates in New Orleans.)
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions sent pro personnel director Sheldon White and scout Joe Kelleher to Michigan State's pro day on Tuesday, likely to get a look at cornerback Darqueze Dennard.
- According to Aaron Wilson, Louis Delmas' one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins includes a base salary of $2.25 million, $1 million of which is guaranteed. The deal also includes bonuses for games played and other incentives.
- Late on Tuesday night, the Denver Broncos agreed to a six-year deal with cornerback Aqib Talib. The deal is worth $57 million and includes $26 million in guaranteed money, according to Adam Schefter. There is now speculation that this move could result in Darrelle Revis ending up with the New England Patriots.
Lions notes looks at the latest on Ndamukong Suh's contract negotiations (or lack thereof), the reaction to Joique Bell's new deal and much more.