- Brandon Pettigrew said on Friday that he decided to re-sign with the Detroit Lions because he felt more comfortable staying with the team that drafted him than leaving for a new team. Pettigrew also said this:
Pettigrew: "I think these guys want to open up the game a little bit more and spread the ball out and try to get the TEs the ball."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 14, 2014
Pettigrew: "I love the city. I'm grateful for being able to be here. The city is going through changes as is the organization."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) March 14, 2014
- Joseph Fauria had a funny tweet about Pettigrew re-signing:
- Instead of exploring a return to the Washington Redskins, Darryl Tapp opted to sign with Detroit because he thinks the Lions are a better fit. Tapp will be back in a 4-3 defense in Detroit, and he will get to play for defensive line coach Jim Washburn again.
Rob Sims also appealed to Tapp, as they are apparently best friends.
- The one-year deal the Lions gave Tapp is worth a total of $920,000, but the cap hit is only $635,000.
- Mel Kiper's latest 2014 NFL mock draft has the Lions taking Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans. Interestingly, Kiper has Buffalo outside linebacker Khalil Mack going first overall to the Houston Texans.
- Runner's World interviewed Reggie Bush about -- what else? -- running.
- The MMQB's Robert Klemko went behind the scenes with Louis Delmas as the former Lions safety decided to join the Miami Dolphins.
- The Sports Geeks put together a really cool infographic about each NFL team's last three coaches. It's pretty amazing how rare it is for the Pittsburgh Steelers to change head coaches.
- Cornerback Charles Tillman re-signed with the Chicago Bears on Friday, keeping him in the NFC North for at least another season. Cornerback Brandon Browner, meanwhile, agreed to a three-year deal worth up to $17 million with the New England Patriots, and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks got a one-year deal from the Indianapolis Colts that will pay him at least $3.5 million.
Lions notes: Brandon Pettigrew, Darryl Tapp, more
Lions notes looks at what Brandon Pettigrew and Darryl Tapp had to say about signing with Detroit and much more.
By Sean Yuille